We are delighted to be partnering with WineNot Boutique and Tour de Forks to offer a 7-night guided wine tour to the finest wine region in Italy: Piedmont. Along with its superb wines, Piedmont is the birthplace of the Slow Food Movement and is famous for its white truffles, creamy cheeses, and rich chocolates. It boasts picturesque hill towns, elegant cities and stunning mountain vistas. We’ll visit opulent baroque cafes in Turin, shop at bustling produce markets, hunt for truffles in Alba, meet wine makers, and cook up some of the regional specialties.
• A visit to the historic Cafés in Turin: Caffe Platti, Mulassano, Baratti Milano
• Wine tastings at Scagliola, Malvira, Contratto & Fontanafredda
• A private visit to the University of Gastronomy and the Wine Bank of Italy
• A workshop about the Langhe with tastings of premier cru Barolo and Barbaresco
• A truffle hunt in Alba
• A hands-on cooking class preparing Piedmontese specialties
Our group of 14 excited guests is almost full, but we will create a wait list. Review the itinerary at the link below and contact me if you’d like to be part of this fabulous trip. Don’t wait to secure your spot!
See the details here: http://piedmont2013.grabyourbagtravel.com/