March 9 – 18, 2018
Travel with Fulchino Vineyard of Hollis, NH, on this fabulous food, wine, and culture tour in Tuscany, Italy, in March of 2018!
Whether or not you’ve been to Tuscany, chances are that you have many evocative mental images of what awaits in this gorgeous region. We’ve all seen stunning photographs of rolling hills with farmhouses, villas, castles, and medieval cities overlooking the verdant countryside. We’re familiar with the pictures of dazzling Florence – the birthplace of the Renaissance, Pisa with its famous tower, and Siena, home of the annual Paleo horse race. And of course we’ve seen the many closeups of colorful, mouth-watering foods and tantalizing wines. But did you know that Tuscany has enchanting beaches, plentiful thermal springs, horse ranches and organic farms, hiking and biking paths, and many UNESCO World Heritage sites? On this trip, you’ll get to sample the beauty and varied nature of Tuscany, visiting places that few tourists see, along with iconic spots and famous wine towns. And, going off season in March means that crowds will be absent, and the local residents are likely to welcome us warmly.
Here are the details…
Dates and inclusions
Friday 3/9 through Sunday 3/18, leaving Boston in the evening of Thursday 3/8 and returning on Sunday 3/18 (9 nights, 10 days including travel days). The tour begins and ends in Rome. Included are:
- Wonderful accommodations, in city and seaside hotels, a villa, and an organic farm
- A tour guide and tour manager for the entire trip
- Local guides for specific destinations where needed
- 16 meals (9 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners), including festive Welcome and Farewell dinners.
- Many, many food and wine tastings – daily except arrival and departure days
- Visits to a castle, a fortress, fantastic natural hot springs, and a crumbling medieval town accessible only by foot
- Tours, activities, cooking lesson, free time, shopping, camaraderie, and fun throughout the trip
- Local transportation, including transfer from airport to hotel on arrival
- Your hosts, Al and Susan Fulchino
This very special itinerary, designed and created specifically for us, is here:
Tuscan Food & Wine Itinerary
Price per person in Euros: E 2660, based on 20 people traveling with us.
Approximate price per person in dollars, based on exchange rate on 10/10: $3105.
Single supplement, for solo travelers in single rooms: E 825 (approx. $962).
The prices in dollars will fluctuate with the exchange rate until paid in full.
This is a fantastic price for a 10 day trip, with everything it includes.
Other costs to plan for:
- Air to and from Rome
- Meals other than listed in itinerary
- Personal services and purchases
- Gratuities for drivers, guides, restaurant servers
- Travel cancellation/medical insurance (optional but highly recommended)
If you would like to stay longer, we can arrange an extension of the number of days you would like, either at the beginning or end of the trip. If you want to spend a few days in Florence, Emilia Romagna, or Umbria, or additional time in Rome, that is easily done. We can also help with flights.
- Initial deposit $300 per person, due at booking;
- Second payment of $1000 per person due Monday, December 18. A processing fee of 2% will be added to this payment, unless paid by check or bank transfer.
- Final payment of balance due Monday, January 8
- Deposit is fully refundable until second payment due date
- After December 18, monies paid to date are refundable until final payment date, minus $100 per person administrative fee
- For cancellations between January 9 and February 8, 75% of the trip cost is non-refundable
- For cancellations after February 8, 100% of the trip cost is non-refundable
- If the trip has to be cancelled for reasons beyond our control, all monies will be refunded
For peace of mind, please consider purchasing travel insurance, which covers cancellation, lost baggage, and medical costs. Insurance protects you if you or someone in your family gets sick or injured before or during the trip, if you have a pre-existing medical condition that could possibly cause you problems while traveling, if your traveling companion has to cancel but you want to continue, if you lose your luggage (or your job), if you are delayed because of canceled flights, traffic accidents, storms, or other emergencies. Insurance also covers you for required or emergency medical care while on the trip. In most cases, your US insurance policy will not cover expenses incurred out of the country. Prices are based on the cost of the trip, the age of the insured, and the state of residence. Premiums are typically 6-10% of the trip cost and can cover air fare and any other costs related to the trip. The relatively small expenditure can help you have a worry-free vacation.
How to register
Complete the secure online form at the link below.
In addition to your credit card, please also have your passport information ready, as that information is needed by the local hoteliers before you arrive in Italy.
You can pay the $300 per person deposit with PayPal or with a personal check. Instructions are given on the registration form. You’ll receive an invoice for the second payment. The final payment will be charged to your credit card by the deadline. You’ll receive a secure online form to add your credit card information, which will be stored on a secure site only until it is no longer needed for the trip; then it will be deleted.
We are very excited about this trip and are looking forward to traveling with a fun group of like-minded food and wine lovers. Time is short, so be sure to sign up soon to claim your spot!
>>>> Sign Me Up!!! <<<<
Questions? Contact Lynn at 603-384-3303